Planning to garner eye balls of local customers? Well then it is imperative that you follow this write up. Local SEO offers an unusual prospect to craft your own little forte within your local society or community of prospective clients.
Here’s an example: Every city needs a hardware store, but it isn’t important to have the most innovative hardware alternatives available in the market.
The area where you are located is the forte, and implementing that with your Local SEO is critical to attract more customers, as people make their local buying choice depending on just one reliable source: GOOGLE.
Keeping this in mind we have chalked out a list that will work for your local business on a usual basis.
Learn, Earn and Educate Community
Our motto is to spread the awareness about the latest technological happenings and the best-in-the-business news, to engage our users and startup customers from storytelling in setting up the startup culture.
Since traditional businesses strive on their local marketing efforts, using this Local SEO cheat sheet will help a great deal.
10 DOABLE Local SEO Techniques
1. Make sure you complete the Local Listing Pages
- Whether it is Google My Business or Yahoo Local, you need to understand that optimizing your local listing pages is a fast and easiest way to make your presence felt at the first page of search engines. That’s not all, these local listing pages help in giving backlinks to your websites which eventually improves your local SEO.
- Most of the times you will be required to create a page, but generally you can also claim the pages. We would recommend the following portals that you can use.
- Google My Business: To start off, you can either add or claim your business on Google My Business. When you generate your profile, make sure you complete maximum information by including relevant images of your business. Once the listing goes live make sure you persuade your customers so that they can write reviews of their experience on Google My Business. A positive review helps to make your image and identity strong in the local market and portrays you as a leader.
- Yelp: Yelp is one of the most renowned local search information bank. Businesses that are listed on Yelp have a positive impact on search rankings for Bing, Yahoo and Siri.
- Bing Places: Bing Places gives you the freedom to add or claim a free listing however it comes with a restriction of adding only nine photos for your business.
- Yahoo Local: This gives you the option of adding or listing your business for free.
- Foursquare for Business: With over 50 million people in using this platform, you stand a great chance of getting discovered by prospective clients or customers.
2. Start a blog and make sure you talk about your community
Running a local bakery shop? Don’t you think it will be amazing if you write stuff related to doing something cool in summers? Okay we understand that it might be related to bakery shop but it can ring a bell among the community that you cater to and the only reason is that your business is closely associated to the community.
You must agree with the fact that these kinds of articles and blogs get a massive sharing on social media and this leads to tremendous traffic to your website.
3. Find out the Best Local Keywords for Your Business
Ever heard of A Keyword Planner? This is a superb tool for finding out the right keywords to focus on. When people find local organizations they generally type in the town first and then certain words which relate to your business or vice versa. For example people searching for best bar might search for best bars in Delhi or Delhi best bars.
In case you are searching for methods to get ideas related to keywords you can search your own keyword ideas in Google. You can locate these keywords and make a list of the keywords which perform the best.
4. Utilize These Keywords to Optimize Your Webpage
Keep in mind one important thing: Do not stuff your webpage, but make sure you start to spread the performing keywords throughout your website. The ideal keyword density (of your primary keyword) should not be more than 2-5% of your content.
Particularly if it is a long-tail keyword.
Ask yourself or just think that can you actually use a keyword like Restaurants in South Delhi which deliver food at night in just a sentence which will not sound boring and dull?
Here’s a thought: There are so many blogs and website which think that the longer the keyword the better will be listing in Google. On the contrary Google has knocked off a lot of blogs which believe in stuffing keywords in whatever they write.
So here’s a tip and keep this in mind: Stuffing your website with extensive keywords is now considered a black hat tactic and if you do that then be ready that your website will be blocked.
5. Approach Local Newspapers or media agencies to Write About You
Every town, country, city and village has journals which are looking for stories. In case you have come up with a unique flavor of a cake or any food then make sure you approach local journals or food bloggers. These mediums will help to give you a reach among-st the local audiences.
We would highly suggest looking for blogs or websites that focus on your area. These are mediums which will help you in publishing your stories and they give you a reach that will propel your business.
It’s the responsibility of the media agencies to constantly cover latest news. So ideally, if you think about it, you are favoring them by giving them topics that will interest them. So build relations with them in an attempt to promote your business.
6. Before launching make sure you have tested your website
This point focuses not only on laptops but also majorly on mobile. A huge part of SEO strategy is mobile responsiveness. That’s why it is important that you should use a theme which is compatible on browsers on laptop and mobile as well. Make sure you check how your website comes up on browsers like Chrome, Safari and Opera.
7. Reviews by customers
Having a positive score can help elevate your business in search results, particularly on websites that permit customers to arrange businesses by positive score.
Only genuine reviews are going to help out your local SEO, but it’s actually good to request your customers to leave you honest reviews on websites like Yelp, Google My Business or even Angie’s List.
There is one important thing that you need to make sure: Your Contact Details should be constant on all the pages online.
This is one of those peculiar aspects of local SEO that most digital marketers do not like, but it must in your to-do list. All of your websites and directory listings must have your contact details like the business name, address and phone number.
The other weird part of this aspect is that it should be the same on all sites. So, if you have listed the address as Pedder Street on one website on other you have listed it as Pedder St. then this will definitely have a negative impact.
8. Select Social Media Used by Your Local Customers
Social media is the best because you have the liberty to test it for free. Do your customers love you on Instagram but you seldom get any engagement on Twitter and Facebook? So focus less on Twitter/Facebook and more on Instagram.
9. Fill Your Website and Listing Pages with Visual Content
See the image below. We are an IT Company and open for all who have need data entry, website development, website designing or digital marketing services. We have shown an image along with a map.
Visual content has a major role in SEO, because it enhances the user experience, and search engines can sense when a customer is fed up or not concerned in your content. It is a known fact that 40% of people will react better to visual details than just plain text. And viewers spend 100% extra time on pages which has videos on them.
10. Schedule a Time Every Six Months to Test and Check
Make sure you have scheduled everything and ensure that this calendar is handy. This scheduler will remind you to verify your SEO every six months.
Google has this intricate habit of changing the search engine algorithms not just once but 500 times.
A lot of these changes are not that significant but most of the times Google will bring out some major changes and the biggest examples are Google Panda and Google Penguin. These kinds of updates have a major impact on search results.
Bonus Tip: And this is downright important to make a visible impact of your business – Embed a Map
Simply enter an address on Google Map and you will get an HTML code which will be added to your website. Now, click on the link icon and you will get the code.
You will also get an option to “customize” the link to choose size and other relevant features for your map before you embed it on your website.
Once this is done all you have to do is to copy and paste the HTML code on your website.
This is a wonderful way to assist visitors to your website so that they can trace your location without any hassle. It also tells a Google search robot a lot about your location.
These 10 steps have been laid after careful consideration and choosing the best methods which is ideal for small businesses. Do you have anything else in your mind? Feel free to let us know.