Branding is not only for businesses. Branding can also be for a product or a human being. It feels amazing to create a growth of yourself on the internet. Using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+, it turns out to be extremely easy to create a strong identity of you. Furthermore, it is also very helpful when you are out interacting with new people and display your skills to the world.
Let’s take some live examples of people who rose from nowhere and right now are at the pinnacle of their career all because of SOCIAL MEDIA-
- Bhuvan Bam from BB Ki Vines
- Tanmay Bhatt from AIB
- Kanan Gill from Pretentious Movie Reviews
- Arunabh Kumar from TVF
It’s a long list and trust us with the fact that they are not just famous but perhaps the richest YouTubers in India.
Learn, Earn and Educate Community
Our motto is to spread the awareness about the latest technological happenings and the best-in-the-business news, to engage our users and startup customers from storytelling in setting up the startup culture.
All the YouTubers mentioned above had a unique talent and the best way to get exposure for that talent is Social Media, as per the image above.
Why Social Media is Important for Branding?
Social media marketing gives equal opportunity to one and all. Everybody has the freedom to express themselves and this is the best platform to do because you get heard not just by one but by a lot. At the present moment, there are multiple platforms and tools for social media. All you have to make sure is to analyze which platform suits your genre and where will you get maximum traffic which will help in building your brand.
As per the analysis of the Social Media Marketing World, SMM (or as we know it social media marketing) is a must have approach for create a brand presence. Here are some important reasons to choose social media in brand building. Check here [tweetme via=”” tags=”SocialMedia, SocialMediaMarketing, SMM, SMO” url=””]Top 10 social media optimization tips for viral promotion [/tweetme]
- Google is simply crazy for Social Media
Social media marketing is implausible for SEO . Due to the very innate character of online networking, the most important platforms are at the peak points of your keyword search. All you have to do is understand what is your audience searching for and use these keywords throughout your social media pages and blogs.
- Make your Brand a Social Proof
Many clients or consumers are searching over the internet answers for their problems, moreover they are also cross checking, seeking proposition and conclusion. By having a good foot hold in the World Wide Web, you are representing that your venture is dependable and can be believed.
- Add a human touch to your Brand
By having uncomplicated and authentic social media surrounding and being concerned in opinion, you are allowing your business area to get no holds restricted. You can become familiar with your end users and allow them the opportunity to be familiar with you. Customers love spending money on brands if they like the services and only if the brand is trustworthy. Being actively involved in social media and at the same time making sure that you take feedback seriously helps a great deal.
- Communicate with Your Competitors
Social media marketing gives you the privilege of having a two-way communication which is very significant for conversation and allows your venture the chance to connect with your group of spectators and target audience. Social Media is a tool to manage the customers and listen to their insights as well. As far as interacting with your competitors is concerned the tool is equally beneficial.
Vital stats about Social Media
- 62% of companies which have spent over 40 hours per week have seen a growth in their business. This means the sales have gone up exponentially by using the right efforts in the right direction.
- 86% of digital marketers said that online networking was essential to their business.
- A major chunk of advertisers who have exploited social media for more than 3 years testified a rise in agreement during that time.
- By investing a minimum of 6 hours per week, more than 60% of advertisers see lead era benefits with social media.
- More than 85% of all businesses that have a dedicated platform of social media as a part of branding policy have indicated an increase in their business sector.
- More than 70% of digital marketers have indicated encouraging outcomes related to traffic increase. They have also stated that this is the biggest advantage of social media because customers get the liberty to see your products and understand your services.
Social Media Tips for Branding which marketers should adhere to
- Convey Your Views and Thoughts with Longer Post: Just like it is with everyone on social media, Twitter at times disappoints you because of the 140-character limit. However, do not hesitate to share your views with the help of other social media platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr, Google+ and LinkedIn. There is no word limit constraint here and plus these platforms are widely used not just by professionals but also by millennials.
- Make Sure Your Posts are Class-Apart: Well no digital marketer or even a blogger wants their posts to get lost in the crowd. So, in order to avoid that make sure that you do not just write but also give out some vital information with the help of some images, infographics or videos.
- Call-to-Action: Creating a call to action buttons in your social media posts clubbed with content which grabs the eye balls, is a lethal combination. Make sure your content writers have impeccable grammar and your graphics guy creates images which are attention seeking. This call to action button on the website of Netflix is something that we love – Simple yet endearing
- Strengthen Your Facebook Connection: There will be a time when you will barely get traffic from Facebook. Facebook will keep on changing its algorithm so in case you are barely getting any reaction from your Facebook page then do not feel disheartened. You can create groups to ignite your presence on Facebook which will also help in enhancing your connections.
- Take Feedback: All of your customers have full liberty to criticize and appreciate you. You will get customers who will not like your product or services and there will be some who will head over heels. Social media platforms give them the opportunity to vent out and share the experience they had. When you meet an irate customer, who criticizes you make sure you do not reciprocate with the same feeling. Instead accept the mistake and apologize and give them an assurance that this won’t happen again. Social media is the best place to engage so make the most out of it while you are at it.
Ask these 3 Questions to Before Selecting the Apt Social Media Platform for Branding
Choosing the right social media platform is another important task. For a fashion brand LinkedIn might not be the right place but Instagram, Twitter and Facebook is definitely the one. So, the platform that you choose has a direct impact on your sales figure. Come let’s take a look at the questions which you need to ask yourself before selecting the right social media platform.
#Question 1: What is my Target Audience?
One of the most important step is to identify who your target audience is. It is important that you are very definite because this will make your choice less challenging. Take note of the reactions or answers to the questions below:
- What is the age of your audience?
- Whether my target audiences are Millennials or Generation X or Centennials or Baby Boomers or Traditionalists?
- Whether I have specifically Male or female audience or do I cater to both?
- What’s their highest education and income level?
#Question 2: What are Your Goals?
Once you have determined your target audience, now comes the important point – describe the goals so that you can gather as many leads as you can. As an entrepreneur, your indispensable goal will perhaps be to strike deals by attracting more and more customers — still, there are other creative motive for social media.
#Question 3: Where are Your Customers?
Now that you have done the complete profiling of your target audience and have also defined your goals, it is an opportunity to find out your group of spectators. In order to do this, you will have to find out the social media platform which is used by your crowd by taking a look at the demographics of the clientele on social media platforms. At the same time, you will also have to reflect upon the fact as to how active your audience is on that SM platform.
Tools that you can use for Social Media Branding
- Twilert: An amazing tool to stay updated of the Tweets related to your brand.
- HootSuite: A complete social media management platform which helps to keep a track of your brand being mentioned.
- CrowdBooster: A free tool which is used to see the growth of your social media campaigns.
Bottom Line: Many big brands use various social media tactics such as social media campaigns and contests to successfully increase their visibility and create more leads. To utilize this impact, make sure you provide your target audience some encouragement which will boost their activity towards your product and services. Lastly you need to make sure that your campaigns and contests have something to offer to all the members who are associated with you.